When starting to work along side The Builder, I was always really intriqued by where he and other builders bought their suppliers from. What I found once looking into it further was, that we as DIYers, renovators and home improvers can benefit from this information as much as anyone else. So today I am sharing the top 5 places that The Builder shops.
- Masters and Bunnings– These two big box style hardware shops, litterally have everything that opens and closes. If you are looking for something DIY, home improvement or even something for the garden, then you simply cannot go past Masters or Bunnings. The Builder will tell you, he is not a fan of shopping at either, I on the other hand LOVE them. It is nothing for me to spend an afternoon in one of these stores, looking through the hundreds of things we don’t need. The Builder really doesn’t like shopping at these places when I am around, he says it takes far too long, and that they don’t have one of those fancy “Husbands Seats” like the shops I usually spend hours roaming around.
- Reece– For everything plumbing related, Reece is our one stop shop. We are lucky to have a Reece here with a fancy showroom attached, so from time to time I pop on down and visit our local store rep Jess, just for a chin wag. Full of wonderful new and inspirational products, coupled with reliable advice, if you need plumbing supplies, Reece is the place for you. Remember to consult a plumber prior to attempting any DIY plumbing.
- Finlaysons– Finlaysons is a timber and hardware supplier here in Brisbane that we obtain most of our timber from. Finlaysons also have a large range of beautiful timber doors and windows, that we use regularly on our jobs. This is where we are able to find special moldings, fret work and old style skirtings to complete renovations on old Queenslanders.
- Ideal Electrical– Located in Queensland and Victoria, when we do need electrical fittings, this is where we shop. Ideal have a huge range of electrical requirements, from switches to light fittings and everything in between. Usually a shop for electricians, I advise looking here for well priced light fittings when next doing your lighting shopping.
- Eagle Alliance Earthmoving-This earthmoving company is made up of many, many sub-contractors who are available at the drop of a hat, for all size jobs from cutting a slab with a big machine to moving a boulder with a small machine that fits through the side gate of a property. I cannot speak highly enough about this company and their service.
The best part of all of these companies is that you don’t need to be a tradesperson to use them. Each and everyone of these 5 businesses, are open to the public for all your needs.
Our #HITKmartStyle challenge is about to end, be sure not to miss your opportunity to go in the draw to win a $50 Coles Myer giftcard, see this post for more details.
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
Do you shop at any of the shops I’ve listed? Surprised that builders shop at Masters and Bunnings too?