The rules of styling bedside tables are always the same, for men, women and children, after all it is simply a vignette. Styling for a man, is a little different in that most would prefer not to have flowers of pretty bits, though most stylish men are happy with a simple vignette with out too much fuss.
The Builder has a vignette on his beside table that is fuss free, though he does like to add to it regularly with nails and screws from his pockets 🙂
In this picture I added a paperweight to bring in another element. The glass on the paperweight complements the glass base of the lamp.
Let’s look at a few different examples.
In this bedside vignette, the stylist at West Elm has used different heights, as well as different textures to create a focal point.
If the man in your life didn’t like the flowers in this vignette, it would work just as well without them. Simple and elegant.
This gorgeous table almost speaks for itself! Very simple styling here, a book and a cloche with a figure underneath.
Most men prefer strength in design and a more minimal approach. A strong photo frame with 2 small pieces in front of it would work very well. Think candles, or shells, a small plant or a magnifying glass or opera glasses.
While this isn’t a bedside table as such, the vignette would work very well for a male. I love the opera glasses and orchid.
Creating vignettes around your home is a really simple way to add detail and interest. Such an easy skill to learn, vignettes can be created in any room, with just about any items.
Have you styled the bedside table of the man in your life? What is on your partners bedside table?
Last week for #HIT Sarah from TOMFO shared a cause close to her heart, Movember as well as these super cute Christmas printable tags. I love them!!
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx