This home improvement Thursday, I thought I would share our vegetable garden and how we are using it to improve our home. When we first moved into our home, the back yard was a real mess. Slowly we are transforming it back to what it should have been. During this process we built several no dig vegetable gardens, a firepit and some seating, so that we are able to enjoy all the best parts of the acreage we used to have. You can read a little more about that here and here.
The garden had been previously terraced as it has a very large slope, going with the slope was really the only option. We had to think creatively to find ways to add in the firepit area and the garden beds. After using the only real flat area for the firepit and seating, several smaller garden beds in the only flatish areas available were the way we chose to go.
Once the firepit area was finished, we were able to start on the veggie patches.
This past week, we have filled our garden beds with our first crop. Strawberries, beans, purple carrots, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and lots of lettuce. I can’t wait to be able to pick them. We love having a vegetable garden, having our own fresh produce to grow, pick and eat.
How do you like our use of space? Can you think of another way to make space in such a hilly garden? What’s your favourite fruit?
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx