I have a house full of teens, and one tween. Over th time we have been living in our home we have styled all of their rooms, most of which I have shared here on the blog with you. Each of our children have a desk in their room, and while they are honestly more of a dumping ground, I did style them at the beginning of the process. Today I am sharing my tips on tween desk styling, perhaps some of these could be used for your desk too?
Tween Desk Styling
Styling a desk does not need to be fussy or complicated, especially true with a tweens desk, as they do not require them as adults do. A space for the essentially and maybe a vignette and you are all set!
As you can see, it doesn’t take much to perfectly style your tweens desk top. Let’s take a look at what we did for our youngest.
Really simple styling using a monochrome colour pallet, perfectly suited to our growing tween. We were able to interject his personality using his favourite Star Wars figures both on the desk and in the shadow box.
This was really easy and inexpensive to put together, with the shadow box and faux plant coming from Kmart. The other details we already had. The desk and chairs were cheapies from Officeworks.
Have you styled a desk before? Keen to give your childs desk a makeover? I’d love to see your pictures.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
Last week Clare from My Life In Step shared her daughters Girls Bedroom Reveal. What a gorgeous room it is, and includes this awesome stage for her daughter! I’ve not scene anything like it, my two would have loved something like this!