We’ve given you the step by step instructions to create your own Christmas tree base, now to the fun bit. The gathering and decorating. One of the most important parts of that first Christmas as a new family, was making sure everyone felt involved, therefore when designing our new DIY tree we needed to find a way that all of us could participate and have fun.
There is plenty of opportunity for this when constructing the tree, but even more when the fun bit of decorating begins. This always happens for us on a Sunday afternoon, when we head out with the ute and often a trailor, and forage through the bush for as many large dead branches we can find.
It’s a great fun afternoon, we all go, we all usually end up filthy dirty and laugh the whole time. Once home, The Builder works hard to decorate the tree with the sticks. This is where the two wire loops come in handy, one as a guide for the trees shape and one for the branches to have something to hold onto.
Once all your branches are in place, it’s time to put on the corny Christmas carols, pour a glass of wine, gather the children and decorate away. We have a rule, that our tree is mostly decorated with home made decorations. This ensures hours of reminiscing and laughter.
A short while later, our beautiful Christmas tree is made.
What kind of family traditions do you follow every year? Have you ever made your own Christmas tree?
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx