Styling your laundry may not be high on your priority list, but I ask you, why not? Considering the amount of time we all spend in there tackling Mount Washmore, I think it should be a lovely room to be in. Not so long ago we renovated our laundry using a very inexpensive Bunnings modular kit, with a laminate bench top. I must be honest and say how surprised we were to see the final result, it surpassed even our expectations. Having said that, I do so believe that every laundry should be a lovely space to be in, so here are my ideas on how to style a laundry.
How to Style a Laundry
Start as always by cleaning out your space, a blank canvas if you will. Create zones to hold all of your cleaning products etc, so that they will be out of eyesight if you can. Clean benchtops already make the space so much more inviting.
Follow this up with a simple vignette. I love plants or fresh flowers in the laundry. It feels like my little reward for spending hours in here, washing, folding and ironing. A vignette can be created with every day items like this one I have added in our laundry.
I have used a soap dispenser, a hand towel, twine and scissors (that I use in the garden nearly every week) and a plant to not only bring in a sense of luxury for me, but the essentially fresh green I love.
I am now not the only one who appreciates the laundry space, our cat Mia now feels the laundry is an acceptable place to drink her water from 🙂 Yes I have a strange cat that only drinks running water.
You could create a vignette with a gorgeous bottle to hold your laundry detergent, or by using old wooden pegs and vintage washing tubs like this one created by The Country Farm Home blog.
Why not add a picture on the wall to add a little fun to the tiresome job we are doing. Check out this free printable from Kirsten and Co.
If your cabinetry is as fabulous as the laundry below, keep your styling simple and let the space speak for itself.
No matter the size or the style of the space, adding a little prettiness will certainly make it a place you are happy to visit.
Care to share a picture of your laundry styling? Which room shall we style next? Do you love baskets as much as I do?
Have you ever wanted to make your own wrapping paper? Sarah from TOMFO last week shared her simple to make wrapping paper in 7 fantastic different styles. I am sure you will love this as much as I did.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx