Earlier this year, we completed the makeovers of my Step Daughter’s bedroom and my Sons bedroom, and now I’ve finally completed the bedroom of my 14 year old Step Son. I’ve taken inspiration from our #HITKmartStyle challenge and used as many items as I could from Kmart. I’m rather pleased with the results, though today I am only going to share a few of our favourite pieces.
This wire basket is from Kmart available here for $12
The copper lamp, pineapple door stop, cactus and desk accessories are all available from Kmart starting at $3
This paint dipped stool is from Kmart, you can purchase it here for only $12
Love this print from Kmart only $12
So many great finds at Kmart at the moment and any one of them can be used in our #HITKmartStyle challenge. Here are all the details on how to enter.
Would you like to have some fun and have a chance to win a $50 Coles Myer Giftcard? Simply share your Kmart hack or styling using a minimum of one piece from Kmart, share this in a blog post on our #HIT link up and be sure to tag The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife so that we can find you.
If you don’t have a blog, but would still like to be involved, upload a photo of your Kmart styling to Instagram and tag @nicole_thebuilderswife and @theplumbette don’t forget to use the hashtag #HITKmartStyle so that we can all find you. Alternatively upload a photo to Facebook, but again be sure to tag The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife and use the hashtag #HITKmartStyle so that we can all find you. All shares must be finalised by the 10th of October. The Builder’s Wife and I will choose a winner and the winner will be announced via all our social media outlets as well as via email on the 12th of October.
Here are the boring parts, that we need you to know.
Terms and Conditions
1.This is a game of skill. Each valid entry to be judged on creativity and originality, not by chance.
2. There is one prize: 1 $50 Coles Myer Voucher.
3. Entries open from 5am Brisbane time Thursday 10th September to Saturday 10th October 2015 11am Brisbane Time.
4.Prize is not transferable or changeable
5. Prize sent out by The Plumbette will not be replaced in the event it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit or virtually.
6.Entry is via sharing a post or picture on your own blog or Instagram account if you don’t have a blog and tagging The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife as mentioned above. Hashtag is #HITKmartStyle.
7. A valid email address must be included in your entry.
8.Entry into any giveaway or competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
9.Entrants must be Australian residents and aged 18 or over
10. The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to reply and claim the prize. The winner will also be announced on Facebook. This giveaway is not endorsed by Facebook.
11. The decision on the winner is final and no dialogue will be entered into otherwise.
12. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
Last week we had the wonderful Nik from Nooks and Cranny join in our link up for the first time, with some excellent tips on creating a stylish budget kitchen. Thanks for coming to the party Nikki!
Are you a fan of Kmart? What was your most recent purchase?