Blogging is something that becomes part of who you are, I’ve found that renovating and decorating is the same. I am on a constant quest to find a better way to do things with my home and to help my clients, and this has lead to many, many hours of reading blogs from all over the world.
Today I would like to share my 5 favourite home blogs, in the hope that you will find them as inspirational as I do.
I was fortunate enough to meet one part of the DIY-Decorator team a few years back at an Instagram meet up. Kylie is an interior designer, who shares her love for beautifully styled homes with Sam. Together Sam and Kylie’s blog is a place for decorating how to’s, DIY and craft projects and a directory for wonderful homewares.
This American blog is the first ever home blog I followed. I LOVE everything about Erin’s sense of style. Her home is simply stunning. Though American, many products similar to what Erin uses can be sourced locally. If you haven’t stumbled across Erin’s blog yet, you really need to get yourself equanted with it.
Another home grown goodie, Belinda from Gallerie B is in the midst of building her new home. Belinda describes herself as a homewares and interior decorating junkie, and I can tell you she has great style! After spending two years in the US as a teen, you can see a strong influence of their homes in what Belinda has to share.
Jen Bishop is the guru in home blogging for me. If you have a home based question, looking for inspiration, a demonstration or how to guide, then this is the place to find the answer. Rencently Jen and her team have introduced their second offering, Reno Addict which of course is one of my very favourite places to visit. With real life renovation stories and professional advice, together these blogs will have you inspired and renovating in no time at all.
Only a recent find, this blog was introduced to me via Nikki of nooks and cranny fame. I can tell you The Builder is not happy about this introduction, I’ve not been off their site since finding it. What this American husband and wife duo have done is nothing short of amazing. So far chronically 7 years of their lives together with 3 home renovations and two children, a real source of inspiration for what can be done. You really need to check this one out!
It may even feature in my own veggie garden soon.
Please keep your links coming, we love having you share in our home improvement joy! Also, don’t forget to comment on your fellow linkers posts. We are trying to build a supportive community and this will only succeed if we all support one another.
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
Do you follow any of the above blogs? Who are your favourite home bloggers?