I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the very kind Lydia from Always Made With Love. Thank you Lydia! xx
The Liebster Award, is a virtual blogging award given by bloggers to bloggers that they feel deserve a shout out, and recognition of their newer blogs. The word Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely and more. Essentially its a big pat on the back, and a way of exposing your blog to a wider audience.
I have received this award quite a few times before on my previous blog, however never on this blog, hence my decision to participate. I am to answer the 11 questions given to me, then nominate another 11 newish bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer and so on it goes.
The questions put to me are as follows:
• What is your #1 blogging tip / advice?
My number one tip would be to blog about what you are passionate about, and you will find your voice and direction reveals itself.
• Why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging with a smaller family style blog about our adventure with a step family of 5, now I blog to tell the story of our beautiful old home, and to give the opportunity for all to understand the building and construction industry a little more.
• Your pet peeve (doesn’t have to be blogging related)
Rude people, and most of all bullies. I was bullied for 5 years prior to moving out of the small town I lived in. This woman and her friends robbed me of my confidence, and my passions, and it is only in the last few months I have felt the ability to step outside my comfort zone again.
• What is your MOST precious memory?
I have lots of precious memories, it is hard to narrow it down to one, the birth of my children, my wedding day, any day I wake up next to my husband, being present as my Step Mother passed away, all of these are right up there.
• Heels or Flats?
I wish I could say heels, but alas, especially at work, its flats 🙁
• If you could change ONE thing about your life, what would it be?
I would put more hours in the day, to get more done, otherwise my life is exactly as I wish it to be.
• What do you do to unwind?
I love nothing better than to sit with my husband and share a glass of wine on one of our decks, watching the world go by.
• What is ONE thing you would tell your younger self?
Don’t settle for anything less than you believe you deserve!
• Your favourite refreshment?
Water or mineral water, maybe with a little fresh lime.
• What is your #1 go to meal for your family?
My kids all love Chilli Con Carne, and with 5 little mouths to please, it can be difficult to find one meal everyone likes, so this comes around on a fortnightly rotation.
• If you were to jump on a plane tomorrow for an all expenses paid trip, where would you be going? Why?
Europe, I love history, food and wine, and I cannot think of a better place to enjoy all of those together.
Right now for the 11 blogs I nominate…….
1. Lisa Berson
3. The Quincys
11. Styled By Bec
What you need to know…..
Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions asked by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (with followings less than 500) for the award
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees, share the love
- Get an award button and display it proudly
Now for my questions to you…..
- Coffee or tea?
- Your favourite childhood memory?
- Beach or pool?
- Where do you best like to shop? (For anything)
- When were you last embarrassed?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your happiest memory?
- Why do you blog?
- Dogs or Cats?
- What is your greatest fear?
- Have you ever broken a bone? If so what happened?
There you have it, thank you again to Lydia xx Enjoy the challenge bloggers 🙂