Last week, The Plumbette and I set our first ever Kmart Styling challenge, you can read all about it here. Essentially you have until the 10th of October to share you Kmart styling, using a minimum of one piece purchased from Kmart, and sharing on your blog, via Instagram or Facebook to be in the running for a $50 Coles Myer Voucher. Remember to tag The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife, and use the Hashtag #HITKmartStyle. We have already been thrilled to receive not one, but four entries from the same person! Karen from Me And Zebedee has cushions and pillowcases designed and screenprinted right here in Brisbane. You really need to check out her website here. Before you rush away though, have a look at one of her pictures from Instagram.
I have also previously shared a few other Kmart items that I have used in my home, like this lamp in my step daughters bedroom.
and this beanbag setup in my sons bedroom
Kmart has bits and pieces to suit all budgets and styles. My son loves his turf!
We also had some lovely submissions for our weekly #HIT link up.
Holly from Simplify Create Inspire shared her How To Make Your Own All Purpose Cleaning Spray. This was perfect timing for me as we are working towards reducing the chemicals we use in our home. Simple and easy to make with readily available ingredients, this spray is a winner!
Charlene from Teacher by Trade Mother by Nature shared the first week of her Organising Her Home #31Days2GetOrganized It’s so simple to achieve an oganised home if this post is anything to go by. Easy daily tasks to help you get back on track. I know this is something I should really be doing!
Do you have a post you’d like to share with our Home Improvement Thursday link up?
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
Don’t forget to let your friends know about our #HITKmartStyle competition, we’d love you all to join in.