A little quiz on the blog at the end of last year revealed that you, my readers, would like more decorating advice. Now I will be the first to put up my hand and say, I am no expert, in fact a learner at best, however always wishing to please you, I commit to giving it my best shot. This very fact leads us to where we are today, learning how to chop a cushion!
How to Chop A Cushion
I’m going to let you in on a secret, I am not a fan of the whole chopping of cushion fad. In fact I really don’t like it, but with my tongue firmly in my cheek, I’m going to share the secrets I have learnt on this newish decorating fad. 🙂
Take said pillow or cushion and stand upright.
Plump pillow, give it a good fluff up.
Prepare arm muscles for chopping action. Go on, warm those arms up, they will need the preparation.
“Chop” pillow with a firm blow, being careful not to “chop” too hard or too soft.
Carefully re-adjust cushion or pillow to be standing in the “just right” position.
As you can see, “chopping” a cushion or pillow is no easy feat, not for the feint hearted. It takes serious strength and training to perfect the art. Don’t the cushions looks some much better once “chopped”?
Are you a good pillow/cushion “chopper”? If you haven’t tried it before, now that you are ‘armed’ with all the skills, are you prepared to give it a go?
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx