September is DIY month on The Builder’s Wife. It is my favourite time of year, a time when the kids sport drops off a little and the warmer weather motivates us to get out and get on with the DIY jobs that need doing. While most of our home has been done by ourselves, having a builder for a husband makes it not really a typical DIY project.We have a lot of friends who are dipping their toes into the world of DIY for the first time and we are often asked what is the first project they should try. I am a big believer in beginning a renovation in the room where you spend most of your time, for us it’s the kitchen and an easy DIY project to try first is DIY painting the kitchen cupboards. I have found 5 fantastic posts on the net, that I feel will be of a great benefit to our DIY friends.
How To DIY Paint Your Kitchen Cupboards
Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous, has done a fantastic job of painting her kitchen cabinets using chalk paint and put together this post to explain how she did it. Chalk paint is very simple to use and gives a great result.
As always You tube is a great place to find videos on how to DIY anything. Check out this video and many more like it, for hints, tips and inspiration.
Kassandra from Little Dekonings has shared this really thorough post on How To Paint Kitchen Cabinets.
If you are renovating a property to sell, then you really need to focus on your kitchen and bathrooms. Painting your kitchen cabinets is a simple way to update your look, freshen a space and all for a fraction of the cost of a new one, or even paying a professional to do it for you. Like every other DIY job, the Builder’s advice is,
” Get the prep right, to guarantee a professional looking job”
Take your time in the prep phase to ensure the best job possible.
Have you tried painting your kitchen cabinets? Does your kitchen need a touch up? Which room in your home do you love the most?
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
Tash from Marble and Mint is busy with her renovation during which she is finding all sorts of hints and tips that will help us all. Last week she shared 5 Ways To Save Big Renovating Shopping
#HIT regular Sarah from Tomfo shared her fantastic Father’s Day gift suggestions, along side her totally unique DIY wrapping paper in 20 Awesome Gifts for Dad.