Garden Lighting is a great way to add atmosphere to your outdoor entertaining space. Did you know that it can be easy to install by yourself, without the help of an electrician?
DIY Garden Lighting That is Safe To Install Yourself
Many hardware shops such as Bunnings have comprehensive ranges of DIY outdoor lighting that is safe and easy to install. Check out this tutorial by Bunnings, to see just how simple it really is.
In the above shot, we strung fairy light between the trees, and then added some fill in lighting using the Bunnings DIY system, to shine on a few feature trees.
This great system available from Beacon is really easy to install, check out the You Tube video to show you how.
Not really sure that DIY garden lighting is your thing, but would still love the soft mood of simple garden lighting? Why not try solar lights? They have come such a long way since when first released, now stylish, durable and with longer powered light, these are a great option for most gardens.
Solar lights from Think-Solar-Power.com
These lights were simple party lights, in 18m lengths that we stung up between the hedge and the house, the created the perfect entrance to our party.
So much can be done with lighting to enhance the mood. Bright naked fluros can be a thing of the past with a little planning, and an hours DIY.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
Jungle Jarah linked up last week to show her waterproofing of the Courtyard Garden. I love it, I bet you will too!