We love Christmas in our house, and Christmas craft is high on our list of things to do in the lead up to Christmas. This year though, we wanted to branch out and do some different things. I put the call out to my blogging buddies, and I must say they did not disappoint! I have so many wonderful and easy ideas to share with you.
12 Craftabulous Christmas Craft for Kids Ideas
- Jason-Scott from Don’t Boil The Sauce, has created these Christmas spice bags, or jars, so that you can smell Christmas all year round. Easy to make, I like the thought of the smell of the beautiful fragrant herbs and spices.
2. My good mate Amanda from Cooker And Looker, shared Salt Dough recipe for making Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments. Such a simple idea that creates such a personal touch to the tree or would look gorgeous added to the wrapping of a gift.
3. Tegan from Musings of the Misguided, has this super simple Toilet Roll Christmas Tree. Younger kids would love how simple this is, with a little help from Mum or Dad, this would be lots of fun to make.
4. Michelle from Keep Calm and Get Organised has instructions to make this gorgeous advent calendar, especially helpful in houses like ours where we don’t eat chocolate ordinarily. It’s a bonus that it’s pretty too.
6. Kirsten from Kirsten and Co, shared her Really Easy Christmas Cookie Recipe. Though regular visitors to Kirsten’s blog may be disappointed that there is no surprise visit from her hubby Guns, your kids will love being in the kitchen with you to make these 6 ingredient cookies.
8. Got a bored toddler? Love Christmas craft? Then this post is for you. Carol from My Bored Toddler, has shared these very simple to make Toddler Made Christmas Decorations, that are perfect for little hands.
9. Where’s My Glow blog shared How To Recycle Old Christmas Cards into Homemade Christmas Baubles. A really inexpensive activity that with a little help, most ages could do.
11. If you enjoy chocolate, and are looking for a new way to present it at the Christmas table, then this Rocky Road Christmas tree from What’s Cooking Ella, will be sure to impress. Much easier than it looks, I am sure it would be delicious as well.
There are so many fabulous bloggers, with so many wonderful ideas on how to keep the kids entertained this holiday season, I’ve only shared 11, but I found so many more. I’ve shared these today, as Home Improvement Thursday doesn’t just need to be about physical home improvement, there are wonderful ways to improve the mood of your home, which is as important as anything. Happy kids make for a happy home 🙂
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
.Are you a Christmas Crafter? Fan of Kids in The Kitchen?