It’s bathroom month and we have already had a look at How To Calculate Floor Space, ready for your new floor coverings, and drooled over some gorgeous Hamptons Style Bathrooms. To get the month started right, I though we could take a little look over all the different styles there are for you to choose from when remodeling your bathroom.
Undoubtedly my favourite of all the styles, I love the fresh clean lines, as well as the warmth created by the natural materials used in the decorating style. Think marble, timber, and stone, with plenty of texture added with gorgeous natural sisal rugs.
On Trend Bathroom
Housing trends change nearly as often as fashion does, on trend at the moment are black tapware and marble, though marble is also a real classic. The luxe hotel feel is also really popular. Be careful when choosing an on trend bathroom, as trends do tend to come and go. Simple pieces can be added to give the effect of being on trend, such as the matte black tapware which would be swapped out for something else in time.
So much warmth is created using these two in combination. Marble looks amazing in bathroom, and when coupled with the matte black tapware, it’s a real treat.
Contemporary bathrooms make use of the latest in technology, creating stunning spaces with the newest products available. Love the under mount lighting in this bathroom and the atmosphere that the timber brings. A gorgeous space.
French Provincial Bathroom
A french provincial bathroom can be remarkably like a Hamptons style bathroom with a few subtle differences. The cabinetry being the most striking of these differences, while the Hamptons style is generally uses straight lines, while french provincial is often fancy by comparison. Think turned legs, and lacework in the timber.
Black and White
Another timeless trend is the monochrome bathroom. Classic black and white never dates and can be adapted to suit all tastes.
This is possibly my most favourite black and white bathroom ever. Absolute perfection! Black and white is such a classic and classy look, easy to duplicate.
These are just a few of the ways in which you could consider decorating your bathroom. I am really excited that in only a few weeks I will be able to share my own with you. I am so wonderfully excited about all the selections I have made so far, I hope you will like them as much as I do!
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx