We are nearing the end of bathroom month on the blog, having looked at tile types, tiling styles, tapware trends, how to decorate you bathroom and now I wanted to share a little about bathroom heating. Because lets face it, here in Queensland we really need bathroom heating 🙂 Our Southern relatives may find this post has more value for them 🙂
Under Floor Heating
Imagine the coldest of days, in the very depths of Winter, it’s time to have a shower, but the house is freezing. Can you imagine walking across a warm tiled floor? This idea is such an exciting one to me, it had me looking for under floor heating options for our own bathroom. Unfortunately The Builder thought the underfloor heating was un-necessary in our warm climate, but can you just imagine what a luxury this would be!
Heat Lamp, Exhaust Fan, Light Combo
These heat lamps add enough warmth for our Queensland Winters, not sure how they would rate for the real cold though. An affordable and relatively simple option, we have these in all of our bathrooms.
Heated Towel Rails
Nothing beats stepping out of a warm shower to be wrapped into a warm towel. Winter perfection, especially when stepping out onto a heated floor. 🙂 Many heated towel rails are now available with a simple mount onto the wall and plug in option.
Air Conditioning, Gas Heating
For a big bathroom that is used often, air conditioning or gas heating is another option. We have an air conditioner in our bedroom that easily heats our ensuite on cold Winters mornings.
Can you even imagine, oh the opulence! I would happily settle for a fireplace in my master bedroom that I could see from the bath, which in itself is ridiculously decadent. This is just amazing.
There are many options when it comes to heating your bathroom and while most of us will have to settle for the heat lamp option, it never hurts to dream a little.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
Mayfair Plumbing & Gas Fitting linked up last week with an essential post outlining the Importance of an as Constructed Plumbing Drawings.
It is fantastic to see a wide range of blogs linking up to our weekly link up, will you be joining us today?