A few weeks ago, The Plumbette and I announced our Instagram competition. Entrants were to post a photo of their home improvement, which could be anything from an extension to a vignette you had styled. It did not matter the size or scope of the project, if it had improved your home life in some way, it was a valid entry.
We had so many wonderful entries, who shared so many amazing parts of their homes, today I would like to share a few of my favourites. In no particular order, here are my favourite entries for our #HITmystyle Instagram competition.
@boomerangjane shared her lounge room styling update, the first in 20 years! Looks sensational to me 🙂
@apugnamedspencer posted a picture of this cute space in their sunroom that was changed into a ‘chill space’. Isn’t it lovely!
I just love this front porch as shared by @lemmie25 so fresh and bright!
Our great friend Renee from @mummywifeme showed off her husbands talents, sharing their handy shoe keeper, that you can sit on, to put on your shoes, how very clever!!
New comer to the blog world @thedocandme shared her daughters gorgeous bedroom. Such a pretty space.
@mrs.lauren.roney showed off her lounge room reporting how comfy her grown up couches are 🙂 I love the rug!
But enough of all this excitement and sharing, it’s time to reveal the winner of our #HITmystyle competition…..Drum roll please……….
Vicki from @boiledeggsandsoldiers has been busily renovating her Queenslander and shared the entrance way into her home. I adore the colour on the walls, and how the colours in the peacock feathers picks up the blue in the wall and the green in the palm trees. Stunning space!
Vicki is the lucky recipient of a $100 Coles Myer voucher. Thank you to all our entrants, for a glimpse into some of the other entrants, head on over to The Plumbette.
We had some great link ups last week, check out TOMFO DIY Wire Mesh Board and Middle Aged Mama’s When Your Bed Is In Front Of A Window oh and you REALLY need to check out Kirsten & Co’s How To Hang Grass Wallpaper!! Will you be linking up with our HIT post this week?
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx