The least favourite part of my job, is the paperwork. Data entry is long winded and boring. I find it really difficult to find the energy to get into the space of paperwork. So much so, I have become a master procrastinator. Thinking about how many ways I manage to distract myself each week, I wondered how many other people would benefit from a list of ways to procrastinate. 🙂
The Builder’s Wife’s Top 7 Ways to Procrastinate.
- Facebook; the original social media and still my most active account. I love it, I can get lost in all sorts of stories and travel the world with them. Word of warning, don’t like to many things on Facebook when you should be working, as The Builder can see what you’ve been up to, when you were supposed to be doing said paperwork.
- Instagram; a great procrastination tool for all kinds of situations especially when you’re on the run, or hiding from the children. Such a positive space filled with pretty images to keep you occupied.
- Pinterest; If you have a few hours you should be spending doing paperwork, Pinterest is your go to social media. I don’t suggest this for short term procrastination, as you can easily loose a few hours before you even realise what’s happened. Not for the feint hearted, this procrastination form is for supreme procrastinators.
- Etsy; This is my go to place for online crafty shopping, this website should come with a warning about just how much money there is likely to be spent. I have to work hard to find a creative way to hide Etsy procrastination days from The Builder, though the credit card statement often tells the truth.
- Coffee with the neighbour; This is my biggest secret, my go to if I’ve spent too much time procrastinating as The Builder is well aware that coffee with the neighbour could take all morning or afternoon. Be careful not to use this procrastination style too often, as it can raise questions about moving the office out of the house.
- Spring Cleaning; I only use this method rarely. Let’s face it, it’s not the most pleasant way to procrastinate, but when all other options are maxed out, this works a treat.
- Mowing the lawn; similar to spring cleaning, only this one wins points of admiration from The Builder. When I’ve spent too much time on 1 through to 6, this procrastination style will win me back some brownie points.
That’s my top 7 tips on how to procrastinate. Now to delete this post before The Builder sees all my deep dark and very informative secrets.
Are you a regular procrastinator? Do you have any tips for me? Am I missing out on the newest or latest procrastination method? How do you procrastinate?