We get about 5 minutes of Autumn here in Brisbane and yet it is still my favourite season of the year! I’ve shared many times, the way I change up my home to suit the seasons, and throw rugs are nearly always the top of that list. Throws can so easily change the look and the feel of a room, and are a perfect addition to a bedroom as well to create a warm and cozy feel.
Think about the texture of your throw rugs when making your choice. The chunkier the texture, the warmer it will appear. A lightweight or finer weaver will look (and generally feel) like a softer throw, more in line with the warmer months. But a strong knit throw is a great choice for these cooler months.
Likewise, the colour of your throw rugs can be changed up to reflect the season. Autumn is perfect for the rusty colours of the dropping leaves or deeper colours that reflect your palette. In Spring and Summer, softer colours reflect cool tones.
Throws can be stored in baskets, blanket boxes or used as a decoration on your lounge or a chair. A perfect quick pick up for those snuggle weekends.
- Piper Throw – My House $83.95
- Ultra Soft Faux Fur Throw – Big W $49.95
- Pelage Throw – Pillow Talk $139.00
- Bianca Pale Blue Cheshire Cotton Herringbone Blanket – Temple & Webster $44.95
- Knitted Throw With Gold Lurex Trim – The Builder’s Wife $59.95
- Luna Chunky Knit Throw – Pillow Talk $159.00
- Throw Basket Weave – The Builder’s Wife $49.95
Which one is your favourite? Do you change up your throws each season?