Following on from last weeks post 10 traits you need to be a builder’s wife, I wanted to show that not everything is lovely in the world of working together, we drive each other crazy often. To my advantage the builder does not have a blog, so you’ll never hear about the 7 things the builder’s wife does that drive the builder crazy 🙂
7 Things The Builder Does That Drive Me Crazy 🙂
- He forgets to tell me when reps are coming to visit me at our home office. We have reps drop in on us semi regularly, they are very good at always making an appointment, however the builder will nearly always forget to let me know when this is going to happen, and you can bet your bottom dollar it always happens when I’m still in my gym gear or packing away the groceries, always!
- He works such long hours, I don’t get to see him much during the week. Now I shouldn’t complain about this one, I am lucky to have a husband that loves his family enough to work his but off for us, but I really like my builder and I’d be very happy to spend more time with him.
- He wears his muddy boots up to the front door, this means all the front of our beautiful Pen Y Llechwedd is covered in muddy yucky footprints. Grrr
- It often slips his mind to let me know he’s made an appointment for a potential client to come and view our home. You see, we open our home by appointment for potential clients to inspect what kind of things are possible with the renovation of a home. It’s a great feature of our business, but only when the house is presentable, which as Murphy’s law would suggest, is never when said clients show up with out prior warning.
- Paperwork is not his priority. We have a system in which the paperwork first must past by the builder, he does his thing with it and then it’s my turn to pop it into MYOB and another software we have, however I can’t do anything until the builder is done. Being super organised as I am, means that this drives me crazy, I feel as though I am behind all the time, even though I rarely am.
- He’s so damn accident prone! Because he works such long hours, he is often tired and therefore his concentration level by the end of the day can waiver substantially. I have this thing where when he is injured I can feel his pain, it makes me sick to the stomach and while he might be coping with the pain just fine, I’m sick as a dog until I can talk myself around.
- He forgets to eat his lunch. The builder gets so busy at work, he simply forgets to eat his lunch. All that love and effort that has gone into making him a beautiful lunch gets forgotten and left to wilt in his esky.
There are so many benefits to us working together that this list is really not that important, but it does provide the reality to our busy lives.
What things drive you crazy about your co-workers? Got an accident prone partner?
Linking up with Essentially Jess for #IBOT