Of all the things I do in my day job, the paperwork is my least favourite, well more than that, I absolutely hate it! It’s boring and uninteresting, but I do appreciate the end of the day once it is done. While actually doing the paperwork, I find my mind wondering to all the things I would prefer to be doing. Let’s have a little fun and find 21 things I would prefer to do than paperwork, some of them might surprise you.
21 Things Better Than Paperwork!
- Reading a good book, not something I get to do real often, but when I do, I am happy to devour one in a day. I have recently finished A Mother’s Story by Rosie Batty
- Going to the movies with The Builder. Again not something I get to do real often, but do love Gold Class with a glass of wine, and a great movie. It’s a simple luxury for us.
- Walking around the block. Since my heart issues began, I haven’t been able to exercise, just recently though, I have begun walking around the block to get my strength up, and clear my head a little. Great for a little stress relief.
- Watering the garden. This is guaranteed to bust stress for me. Not sure if it is because of the connection to nature that I often miss by working inside, but this simple act, especially when coupled with a glass of wine at the end of the day, is one of my favourite things to do.
- Burpees! Anyone that knows me would know how much I hate burpees, but I promise, I prefer to do burpees than paperwork, such is my hate for paperwork.
- Cleaning the house. Ok, now I know this one will have you all rolling your eyes, but I truly love a clean and tidy home. The only way to achieve this is by cleaning the house, in doing so I have found I actually love cleaning the house. 🙂
- Having my nails done. There are 2 things I make sure I do for myself and have done for as long as I can remember. Having my nails done is one of them. Getting my nails done started 14 years ago when my nails became super weak while preparing webster packs (medication packs) in pharmacy, and I’ve been having it done ever since.
- Picking up the dog crap in the yard. Yep, totally better than the paperwork!
- Flick through a home magazine. I have an obsession with home magazines, I LOVE them, all of them. I have hundreds in my home and even more in the storage shed.
- Cleaning out the back of the ute or the tools trailer. Mmh hmm, something about organising that space, gets me more excited than the dreaded paperwork.
- Sorting nails and screws. Sometimes when The Builder has been on the tools and has been a little rushed, he will have a mess of nails and screws that need to be sorted. This is a little like therapy for me 🙂
- Site visits. I love site visits, seeing the dreams of our clients come to life. Checking in with the team to ensure everything is going to plan, it is the most exciting part of my job.
- Shopping. I am not a big shopper, really only having a shopping day a couple of times a years, but when I do, I really enjoy it. Better than paperwork!
- Making school lunches. This is a big statement! I hate making school lunches only second to doing the paperwork. That said, it’s still ahead of paperwork, so deserves a mention.
- Catching up with friends for a coffee…..No brainer!
- Trawling the internet. Oh my what an easy way to loose a few hours. There is so much to see!
- Cuddling my cats and dogs. Oh they bring me such joy, and a little cuddle from any of them can ease all my stress in minutes.
- Sampling items on the drinks trolley. Perhaps this is why we have a home office? Gives me the opportunity to pop by the trolley and give it a little nudge, at least it makes the paperwork a little more interesting!
- Counting the floor boards in the hall way. Enough said.
- Watching the grass grow, or the ants crawl through the grass.
- Blogging, I could spend all day every day writing on my blog. I love my little space on the internet, my home away from home. Thank you for being here and for indulging my little rant against paperwork. 🙂
What do you dislike doing the most? Are you a fan of paperwork? Care to add to my list with one of your own?
Linking up with Kylie Purtell for #IBOT