One of my most favourite details when looking at purchasing our home, was our gorgeous window seats. I had long had a dream about curling up on a window seat and reading a book. This dream came through reading as a teenager, it seemed every teenage girl in America had a window seat. I was overwhelmed to find that our house had not one, but 4 window seats for us to choose from. I love them all, though must admit the window seats in the lounge are far comfier than the bedroom ones.
Window Seat Styling
Styling your window seat is one of the simplest of styling jobs for around your home. This area is to be used to sit, therefore needs to look comfy and inviting. Cushions and throw rugs are perfect props to create this feel.
The common theme for all of these window seats, is allowing the window to become the most inviting feature by ensuring the seat itself, looks inviting and comfortable. Plush cushions, throw rugs, sympathetic colours to match the room. I could climb into any of these right now.
This is the window seat in our master bedroom. It’s our cats favourite place to spend the day, curled up next to the cushions and somewhere I really enjoy hiding from the kids.
This is one of the window seats in our lounge, located closest to the television, the kids fight over this one all the time. It has the best internal view of all our window seats, looking back over the lounge, dining and even into the kitchen.
As with the bedroom window seat, a simple display of an odd number of cushions and a throw rug is all it has taken to decorate the space. Here I have added cushions that pick up the colours in our lounge room, and in the bedroom I have added some of my favourite blue and white which compliments the grey and white colour pallet I have there. Simple styling to create an inviting space to read or relax.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx
It’s no secret that I love Christmas, in fact I started wrapping presents yesterday as well as meal planning for the festive celebrations, so I can’t tell you how excited I was to see Sarah from TOMFO link up last week with her DIY Christmas Prints. They are just stunning!