In the last few weeks, we’ve looked at how to create a vignette, and how to style an entry. While looking around my house for the next project to tackle, my eyes happened across my ‘coffee table’ or in this case it’s actually an ottoman. We love our ottoman, and for our family and home, it’s simple styling is exactly right. However, there are so many ways to style a coffee table, I thought I would share some ideas with you.
How To Style A Coffee Table
Books, candles, and flowers are always a good idea. Keep your lines clean and simple, create a simple vignette and leave that as your focus point. You don’t want to crowd the table.
Use similar colours in your pallet. You can’t beat black and white for a smooth chic look.
Use a tray to house a vignette.
Use items of varying height and texture to create interest.
Being in item that reflect the colour pallet of your home.
It isn’t hard to decorate your coffee table, because it’s such a small space remember not to over clutter it, you’ll need enough room to rest you drink, cup of tea or your feet as well. 🙂
Last weeks #HIT saw a new linker!! I was so excited to see Lydia from Always Made With Love and her Transport Inspired Bedroom. It’s such a lovely space for her young son. I particularly loved the custom shelving and her husbands old wooden toys. A gorgeous room.
I was also lucky enough to be featured on The Multitasking Woman last week, where I shared my views on “having it all”.
Will you be linking up with #HIT this week? What hints and tips would you like to see on #HIT? What’s on your coffee table?
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx