My favourite social media is Instagram, by a long shot. A land of pretty pictures and happiness, with rarely a negative comment. It’s an inspiring place to share the best of our homes, family and day to day lives. It is somewhere I look too when I have a space I am not quite sure how to style, or I use it for research into the latest homeware trends. On this Home Improvement Thursday, we’d like you to join us.
The Plumbette and I would like for you to join us on Instagram, and we are excited to today announce the commencement of a new competition! Are you interested in sharing your home improvements for the chance to win a $100 Coles Myer gift card?
The competition will run from the 1st till the 29th of February, and is simple to enter. Follow and tag The Plumbette and The Builders Wife on Instagram, post a picture of your home improvement, and use the hashtag #HITmystyle The more times you enter the more opportunities you have to win.
So what do we mean by a “Home Improvement”? It can be anything from a vignette on your bedside table to the renovation you had done last year. Your child’s styled bedroom or the laundry you redecorated, how about your new veggie garden? You are limited only by your imagination, and we’d like to see it!
Here is the boring stuff you need to know..
Terms and Conditions
1.This is a game of skill. Each valid entry to be judged on creativity and originality, not by chance.
2. There is one prize: 1 x $100 Coles Myer Voucher.
3. Entries open from 5am Brisbane time Monday 1st of February 2016 to Monday 29th of February 2016 9pm Brisbane Time.
4.Prize is not transferable or changeable
5. Prize sent out by The Builder’s Wife will not be replaced in the event it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit or virtually.
6.Entry is via sharing a picture on your own Instagram account of your home improvement, tagging The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife as mentioned above. Hashtag is #HITmystyle
7.Entry into any giveaway or competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
8.Entrants must be Australian residents and aged 18 or over
9. The winner will be notified by Instagram private message and has 3 days to reply and claim the prize. The winner will also be announced on Facebook. This giveaway is not endorsed by Facebook or Instagram.
10. The decision on the winner is final and no dialogue will be entered into otherwise.
11. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
In our #HIT link up last week, we had Charlene from Teacher by Trade, Mother by Nature share her inspiring journey into decluttering and tidying her home.
Eva from the Multitasking Woman, shared her list of free printables.
Welcome to #HIT or Home Improvement Thursdays.
Anyone can join in, no matter the niche of your blog, just as long as your linked post follows the few simple rules.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself Nicole@thebuilderswife.com.au or Bec Bec@theplumbette.com.au
We’d love you to join in. xxx