We are deep in the planning stage of our next extension. We are planning to extend our kitchen, move the back deck, extend the lower level of the house to include a large bar room, add a pool, a pool house and gym. While only the pool and the pool house and gym are the only parts of the extension to be done very soon, we are submitting all our plans to council at the same time to save a bit of money. This means I’ve been doing a lot of dreaming about my new kitchen, and today I would love share some of what is inspiring me.
Hamptons Style Kitchen
One of the biggest issues we have found since leaving our old home, is congestion in the kitchen at peak times. Secondly, as a busy family, sitting formally at the dinner table just doesn’t work for us on a daily basis.
We are looking to combat the congestion, but having a gallery style kitchen, and to install a central island bench. In doing so, we needed to consider the flow of the room, as it truly is the room in which our family spends most of it’s time. It was decided that a second family room, for more day to day living, would work well alongside the kitchen.
I am most excited by the long island bench (5 metres) and the butlers pantry, hooray!!! No more late night piecing the pantry back together after it breaks. Now that we are nearly happy with the plans, we can begin to look at how we wish the space to look. Being a typical Queenslander, our home is quite dark, so a predominately white kitchen is essentially, with bi-fold windows and doors in the family room to let in as much light as possible. The rest we get to dream about.
A Hamptons style kitchen is where my heart is at, and I do think with some clever planning, we can make it work in our old home without losing it’s character. White cabinetry, with a gorgeous sink like this one, federation style tapware, marble or stone bench tops. I am so excited.
While there are so many things to consider to make this space right for us, I am just so excited to have this challenge. I cannot tell you how much easier this is going to make our day to day life.
1. Linkable posts, must centre around the topics of DIY, Renovations, Home Organisation, Home Improvement, Home Makeovers, Home Styling, or Home Maintenance.
2. You can share 1 post each week. Please make sure they are new to the “Home Improvement Thursday” party.
3. Linking is simple, find the little blue button at the end of the post that says, Add Your Link, and then pop in your URL, and follow the prompts. Your link only needs to be added once and it will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
4. Grab our #HIT button and pop it on your sidebar. Don’t forget to share it with others.
5. Follow the blogs of your fellow #HIT family, and leave a comment. Please visit and comment on at least three blogs that are near you on the list.
6. Leave a comment on the post below so we can return the favour and comment on your post.
7. Don’t forget to follow The Plumbette and The Builder’s Wife
*Each week Bec and I will feature one of your posts onto our social media pages. By adding your link, you are giving The Builder’s Wife and The Plumbette permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full post for future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media.
For any questions please email myself [email protected] or Bec [email protected]
We’d love you to join in. xxx