While we wait for Autumn to arrive here in Queensland, we can begin planing the subtle decor changes we can bring in to make our homes feel a little cosier. Throw rugs were one of the features of our top Autumn decor updates, and certainly one of the easier of all to add and then take away when Summer arrives again.
I’ve had a little shop for my own home, don’t tell the Builder, here a few of my very favourites!
10 Throws For Your Autumn Decor Update
I am crushing hard on greys and pinks here, although blush pink is my current favourite! I like to add textured and patterned throws in Autumn thought I’ll avoid anything too heavy, as I like to bring these out in Winter.
Throws are incredibly simple to add in Autumn, switch up in Winter and take away as soon as the weather starts to warm up, an effective decorating tool, that adds layers without breaking the budget.
We use throws in the bedrooms, the lounge, sitting room, in the window seats and out on the decks at this time of year. They are perfect for the end of day, when the cool breeze picks up.
- A. Bolton Handknitted Cotton Throw With Tassels – April and Oak
- B. Mohair Throw Blush – Bed Bath N’ Table
- C. Linen House Lark Faux Fur Throw Rug – Manchester Madness
- D. Royale Luxury Knit Throw Artigiano – Canningvale
- E. Sunday Wool Blanket – Hunting For George
- F. Lexden Tonal Faux Mohair Throw Blush/silver – Living Styles
- G. Samantha Throw – Zanui
- H. Luna Chunky Throw – Pillow Talk
- I. Pink Maya Throw – Temple & Webster
- J. Cosy Pom Pom Throw – Pottery Barn
I already have the Bolton Handknitted Cotton Throw With Tassels in my home, shown here on my window seat, but will be adding the Sunday Wool Blanket to my collection as well. Have you seen one you’d like to add to yours?
Are you a collector of throws like me? Can you remember the scratchy wool blankets we had as kids?